Friday, March 20, 2015

SPRING 2015????

You may have heard about our most recent snow storm this past Wednesday. Parts of Nova Scotia received another 74 cm (30 in) of snow;  Cape Breton Island received another 80 cm (31.5 in). 

Yes, this is real! This is French Mountain on the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton, NS.

And here on the South Shore, 14 inches of snow fell in a 2 hour period. It was the final straw for my metal shed; the whole back corner of her caved in, and I'm assuming my lawn furniture and lawnmower is now covered with a blanket of cold, icy white. To say we are sick of it is such a huge understatement.

The always busy city of Halifax is a mess. Roads are down to one lane in places, they have adopted a NO-tolerance street parking ban, the buses and ferry service was halted for a full day and a half and their substantial annual snow-clearing budget is over by $10 million. 10 MILLION DOLLARS! 


It's so bad here in Nova Scotia that yesterday, this crucial news bulletin was posted on Facebook for all Atlantic Canadians:





PUBLIC HEALTH WARNING released at 3:25 pm on March 18, 2015 
If you are returning from Cuba, Mexico or other southern destination, for your own Health take special precautions. Do Not approach someone without a tan and ask how they enjoyed their March break. Serious injury could occur such as a sore throat (from punch to throat), migraines (from Shovel to side of head), Liver damage (well that's your own fault from the all inclusive) and/ or asphyxiation (from being thrown head first into a seven foot snow drift.)



Seriously .....

     I mean it!

               I WILL punch you!



Happy 1st day of Spring, y'all!








8 comments:

Rita C at Panoply said...

Seriously, I don't know what I'd do if we had that much snow. I'd probably go into cardiac arrest worrying about the physical damage it was doing to property, let alone my psyche. What a trooper you are. Happy Spring in spite of that crap.
Rita C at Panoply

Jack Tyler said...

Oh, I soooo feel your pain, but in quite the opposite direction. It's been 30C+ here all winter. Nice way to spend the winter, but the way I figure it, sometime around July, all the streets are going to melt and run down the storm drains!

WendyMcLeodMacKnight said...

I am with you!!! We only got a foot here in Fredericton! I never dreamed we could have two horrible winters in a row, but there you have it... sigh.... global warming sucks...

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thankfully we were not hit with that storm, but oh my I can feel your pain. I've never been happier than now as all of our snow is melted off. It was a terrible winter here and the cold temperatures set records for us too. Remember no winter lasts forever. I'll be saying a little prayer yours ends soon. Take good care, stay warm and hang in there !

Pamela Gordon said...

It's terrible there Sandy. I'm so sorry you've gotten so much snow this year (month). The weather patterns are really strange aren't they. We got enough of it here in Fredericton too but Saint John, Moncton, PEI and Halifax really got it! We are all longing for spring weather after our harsh winter. I laughed at the 'warning' you shared.

Ginny Marie said...

So much snow! I'm sorry your first day of spring doesn't look like spring at all! You definitely deserve some warm weather soon!

TARYTERRE said...

I feel your pain. Surrender is the only option. Spring is a distant dream. I am sorry to hear about the damage to your shed. Hopefully under all that snow the things inside it are still intact. Hang in there.

sabine ingerl said...

That's incredible, such a mass of snow in March. I feel you pain. Hoping that spring will come very soon. And I will not moan any more if (only) a cold wind is blowing.
Sabine xxx

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...