Thursday, July 31, 2014

V-A-C-A-TION ... IN THE SUMMERTIME!


Oh the rollin' of the sea is beckonin' to me.
Sayin' come my son I'll show you things you've never seen before
Come set your spirit free on the winds of history
Hoist your sails & charge a course & go out & explore.
Oh the rollin' of the sea is beckonin' to me.


It's that most wonderful time of the year again. This year, I have my lovely Amy to share it with.  There'll be lots of driving, an overnight stay with friends, a 6-8 hr ferry ride, and then more driving before we even reach our destination.  She'll sit moose-watch (very important when driving in Newfoundland); I'll drive.  

We'll see family; I'll meet old friends and she'll gain new.  We'll eat and eat and eat and eat -- cod fish, fish & brewis, jiggs dinner, toutins, chips 'n' dressing 'n' gravy.  We'll have to make a concerted effort to put green things on our plate.  We'll surround ourselves with family ...... and run away to hike when they become too much.  (And vice versa!)  Then we head East for a 5-day 3-member family road trip, eat more, drink a little too much, stay at quaint places with odd place names.    

Yup!  It's vacation time.

See you in a few weeks.






4 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It sounds like a wonderful vacation. I'll look forward to pictures and tales of your trip!

TARYTERRE said...

Have a terrific time. ENJOY! GODSPEED.

CJ said...

Sounds great! Have fun!!!

Kay said...

Have a terrific time in Newfoundland. We loved it there and were introduced to dulse (seaweed). Canadians are just the nicest people.

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...