Thursday, May 15, 2014

Mama had a Good Time

I have oodles of post ideas running round my head -- witty ones, silly ones, deep ones to get you thinking.

You aren't getting any of that stuff today.  That stuff must wait until I've enough time to wax poetic.  Today you must settle for:
"Oh for goodness sake!  Not again!  Who wants to know what she's doing and what she's eating!"

I'll treat you like I would my very own children:   
"Shut up and eat your blog!"
(I'm saying that in the most kind and loving way!)

Yep!  I had a pretty good Mother's Day weekend and fulfilled some of my pre-weekend plans.  I allowed myself $20 to visit the 2nd Story jewellery sale.  But I got some beautiful items.

The top left earrings are my prize:  semi-precious Carnelian stones in a silver setting for $10.  The others were fun pieces that cost from 50 cents to $3.  I came home with $1.50 in change and a bag full of frivolous happiness!


Sunday morning, my friend Diana and I set off for the city.  She is such fun to do city trips with:  she can last in a thrift store just as long as I can (the only other person I've met to date with those same super powers); and she also loves to eat and is always up for my suggestions.  We hit 2 VV stores for their 50% off sale.  We shared 2 different lamb burgers at Daryll's topped with things like feta 'n' eggplant 'n' mango curry mayo 'n' fried bananas (Yummy!).  Then we had a relaxing latte at 2nd Cup (and surreptitiously ate date squares from some church sale).  

Dinner that evening for Nagisa and I was pre-cooked lobster dipped in melted butter and potato salad.  Soooo delicious!  Nagisa's first lobster and she not only loved it, but got right in there with the hammer and cutters and pokers and priers just like a pro!  I promised her that I'd buy live lobsters next time so she could see them; I didn't mention the mandatory chasing her around the house with them and laughing.  

That night there were FB accolades & chats with the humans that left the road-map on my once taut tummy as well as a long talk with my own Mama.  And later, there was Meet the Midwife and Game of Thrones ..... and the rest of that wine I mentioned earlier.

So all in all, it was a fantastic Mother's Day ... even if I've been on a rabbit-food food regime ever since.  


WW weigh-in tonight!
Fingers crossed!

But I wouldn't change a thing about what I'd eaten.






6 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Glad you had such a wonderful weekend. It was a special time to celebrate for sure! Lobster is so expensive here I've not had any for a long time. But I surely do love it!

Cranberry Morning said...

You found some pretty cool items! Love those earrings, upper left! Wow. And I don't even remember the last time I ate lobster. I thought they were extinct. ;-)

renae said...

Nice jewels. Thanks for letting me know I inspired you on wearing your red converse. Sounds super! ♥, Renae

Wisewebwoman said...

I just love what you spent your $20 on. We had fresh crab on the weekend so I can relate to your shelly dinners LOL

XO
WWW

WendyMcLeodMacKnight said...

So glad you has fun!

TARYTERRE said...

WOW what a fabulous weekend you had. LOVE those lamb burgers and lobster you were talking about. YUMMY! Crazy about your jewelry finds too.

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...