Thursday, February 13, 2014

I'm ALWAYS feeling blue!

Yes, I'm always feeling blue .................... 
meaning that I always feel in the mood to wear blue. I have a lot of color in my closet, but you don't need to look to closely to see that it's predominantly blue.  I look good in the color, and I just feel wonderful when I wear it.  I'm drawn to the blues on the racks before any other color (although that harlot red often seduces me, especially in a shoe or purse).     

I walked into our local Atlantic Superstore early the other morning to deposit my cheque into the ATM machine ... which is right next to the clothing department who've begun to receive the new spring line.  What gorgeous colors!  And oh dear!  The blues were abundant! They were in front of me on racks; there were shelves of blue shoes; there were blue coats & sweaters & pants hanging above me.  I felt light-headed with glee; I was floating in a beautiful sea of azure!  

I've had myself on a very tight shopping budget since Xmas because there's nothing I really need.  I hadn't thrifted since then and have done fine on my shopping sabbatical.  But spring is coming. (Repeat this mantra as necessary!).  And as I stood there surround by blue, I remembered 3 things:


  1. I had found $25 cash in a last-years purse when I switched last week.
  2. I probably had some PC cash points on my account at the Superstore.  (Yep.  When I checked, I had $40 worth!)
  3. I had an unused $25 in my thrifting budget for last Jan.

So, here's what I bought :  
Some pieces were on sale (like that awesome charcoal grey poncho/sweater for $4.94! the blue pants for $14.94 and the baby blue open weave sweater for $15).  Some were just great prices (like the powder blue sweater bottom left for $16 and the gorgeous blue cloth ballet flats for $19).  And the center Indian cotton blouse for $29 was just irresistible.


Once I added in February's $25 thrifting budget, I didn't overspend. 

Well done, Sandy!  

  • Good budgeting
  • Great clothes
  • Gorgeous color!  

What's your Achilles heel color?



6 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

What bargains. Love that Indian shirt and those shoes. My favorite color is purple.

sabine ingerl said...

Well done Doris! Spring may arrive.
I wouldn't be able to resist the tunic too.

WendyMcLeodMacKnight said...

Good on you! I love blue as well! I recently nabbed a gorgeous ivory cotton lace pencil skirt from Joe Fresh that I plan to take to Florida! Some of the things are so nice!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Anything SPRING sounds so nice about now. Red has always been my favorite color and I try to wear something red the month of February but there are a lot of different colors in my wardrobe. I'm looking forward to a month of green for March. It's just a fun thing for me to do and I'm always looking for that bright side... Happy Valentines Day today!

Linda H said...

Blue all the way!! Woohooo!!

Kay said...

Although fuchsia is my favorite color, I love blue too. Love your great acquisitions!

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...