Monday, March 25, 2013

I can tell you how to get to Sesame Sweet (Chicken)


The road to healthy eating is an exciting road in this day and age.  Years ago, it was all dry tuna and melba toast.  These days, there's a myriad of information and research on what's healthy; and the internet is at our fingertips, making good food choices much easier.

I'm also hoping that this will help me to stay motivated and continue to make (mostly) good choices.  
It's my new "motivational wall" (inspired by my Korean student, Elly --- except her motivational wall contains much skinner girls "with heads" as she pointed out to me!).  Some of my bad habits are so ingrained in me, that I need a reminder to THINK before I do something I'm just gonna be sorry for later.

I choose to eat consciously and healthily MOST of the time.  And one of my favorite cookbooks is "The Looneyspoons Collection" -- full of great recipes that have been tweaked to lower fat and bad carbs but keep great taste.  

Last night, we had "Sesame Sweet Chicken" and it was delicious.  I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts instead of their recommended thighs just because it's what I had in my freezer.     


We had brown rice and a bok choy/mushroom/onion stir fry on the side.  Yummy!  


Sunny day
Sweepin' the clouds away
On my way to where the air is sweet
Can you tell me how to get
How to get to Sesame Street.



5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

The wall is inspirational and motivational. And the idea is a good one. GREAT yummy food choices too.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Sounds good. I also try to eat healthy and except for special occasions, only eat chicken or turkey for a main meal. I can't give up on my chocolate chip cookies though.

Marguerite said...

I had to smile at your description of the 'old style' diets. I remember my mother eating an awful lot of tuna and melba toast.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

More and more I see recipes using healthier ingredients substituted. It really does provide for a variety of foods to eat. Nice idea to have a wall for motivation.

Shirley said...

Sandy, I do enjoy a lot of the Looneyspoons recipe ideas. I too would use chicken breasts because of preference. Thanks for sharing your inspirational wall.

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...