Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Happy Spring and Happy Nowruz!



Happy Spring!








But what's this?  
A snow storm?  
Snow in my driveway? 
No school for the kids?  
More shovelling?


Pay that no never-mind!  Underneath those 3 inches of snow are numerous tulips and crocus coming up and even 2 little (icy cold) blooms.  Under that white is yellow and brown longing to turn to green.  It's the first day of spring!  Celebrate!

I should also wish you a Happy Nowruz!  Happy Persian New Year.  If spring doesn't get you revved up, a new year's celebration should do it, right?  Just think of hot 'n' spicy humus; or chunks of lamb on beds of noodles.  Or like me, cook this for dinner: 
Chicken thighs cooked in tumeric, cumin, paprika and cinnamon then placed upon a bed of basmati rice and lentils. 
 Is your mouth watering?  Mine is!  But then, it is lunch time for me; and the sun is shining and melting the snow.

Happy Spring everyone!




PS:  When I begin decorating for Easter next weekend, I'm considering a few of these in the front yard!








9 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

THAT looks delicious! And I love the entire ingredient list - and actually have all those on hand. It's amazing the number of dinner ideas that I get from other bloggers. :-) Thanks.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

No snow here (today), but it certainly does not feel like spring. The good thing is that the sun is shinning. That us a positive sign.

Happy Norwruz to you! Pass the humus.

Pamela Gordon said...

Love the snow bunny! We got over a foot of snow here. Light and fluffy, thankfully, so not hard to move but not snowman (or bunny) making snow. Still squalling here this afternoon but the sun is trying to shine. Happy spring to you!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's been snowing off and on here today and very cold. but no matter I'm celebrating the fact that Spring is here. Your chicken does look delicious! Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

Marissa said...

Happy spring!!
your snow bunny is the cutest! and the now I am hungry looking at your chicken.. looks delicious.

TARYTERRE said...

Chicken looks scrumptious. That marriage of flavors yummy.

Marguerite said...

Your dinner looks divine! my mouth is watering. Hard to believe this weather today, it was a complete white out this morning. The good news was I had a snow day from work :)

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Happy New Year Doris! We had a horrible snow storm in Edmonton this week and all signs of Spring vanished! Sign! Have a wonderful weekend! Angie xo

Shirley said...

Happy Nowruz to you too!! It won't take long for your snow to melt. If you are at all like me, you can't wait! We, on the other hand, have a few feet of snow to melt before the crocuses, tulips and daffodils will make their appearance. The forecast predicts warmer temperatures toward the weekend, which makes me very happy. I'm ready!

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...