Monday, May 28, 2012

Sundays, Sangria & Sunshine!



Sliders, pasta salad (w/ fig infused vinegar), potato and spinach salads and  Sangria:  there's just something about sunshine, decks and Sangria!



But what's this under the dome?

Why it's Hummingbird cake (renamed King's Landing Crown cake in honor of our Sunday evening ritual of watching Game of Thrones .......... and the awesome cake pan I bought last year).

And speaking of awesome, how about that round tablecloth I scored yesterday at Frenchies for $2.85!  


I could use another day's rest after all that relaxing!  


How was your weekend?











7 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

HUMMINGBIRD CAKE looks very scrumptious. and that shape is magnificant. Have any leftovers??? LOL GREAT tablecloth too.

Sharon said...

Hadn't thought about Hummingbird Cake in a long time - made my mouth water. Your wonderful finds have me want to start perusing our wonderful thrift stores again just as soon as I return from this year's Summer Adventure!

Pamela Gordon said...

I love the new name of that cake. I've never tasted it before but it looks delicious. Your new table cloth is very pretty. The weekend was beautiful again and I got a lot of annuals potted. Have a good week!

Diana said...

Everything looks so good! I loved that tablecloth as soon as I saw it. I don't think I've ever seen a cake like that. I'm wondering what it tastes like, it looks yummy!
Love Di ♥

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Your cake looks scrumptious for sure and I do love that table cloth. You really got a great deal on it. Busy weekend with new grandson here.

Diana said...

I forgot, I've got that same cake dish! Love Di ♥

Maery Rose said...

I love that tablecloth! What a find!

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...