Thursday, May 24, 2012

Saling and Munching!


I spent last Saturday morning yard saling and meandering up and down the streets of Lunenburg.  I found a great chenille bedspread just like I wanted, near mint shape for only $2.  I also found a sad and sorry looking boudoir chair in need of a makeover and some love and attention ($5).  At 9:30 am, I ate a gorgeous worth-much-more-than-$2 piece of carrot cake with thick, delicious cream cheese icing. [Vegetable and dairy -- perfect for breakfast, right?]  


One particular yard sale stands out from the entire day.  It was put on by a local women's group; and by the time I got there at 11:30 am, I'm sure a lot had already sold.  But they still had some lovely vintage things remaining, and everything was displayed very prettily.  I bought this cute little purse ($3) and vintage pin cushion ($3) [just like my Grandma had hanging off her cupboard door].  


But the thing that set that yard sale apart from all the other great sales that day was that while you were shopping, someone went round with a tray of homemade rhubarb cheesecake squares.  Free dessert!  And my oh my!  They were scrumptuous.


"I'll have to try to find this recipe", I thought to myself.


How happy I was today to see that Mary at One Perfect Bite was featuring -- what else -- Rhubarb Cheesecake Squares.  If you've never tried them, please do.  They are soooo good!




Don't you just love it when your prayers are answered!





8 comments:

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Ya gotta love your take on breakfast! Heeehehehe!!!

Great finds sweetie and that chair has great potential.

Have a fantastically blessed day my friend!!! :o)

(Bowin' to the Queen of Thrift here)

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Yes, I do love it when a day comes together and all is right with the world.

Diana said...

That's my kinda day Sandy! When I saw that chair I thought, take off the seat and put a planter of flowers in it! But that's me the Flower lady!!
Dessert at a yard sale, interesting. I will have to remember that, it may bring in more customers, LOL!!
Love Di ♥

Liane said...

My mom had a boudoir chair like that - I think the seat was pink. What could be better than free food while thrifting?!! Thanks for sharing!!

Treat and Trick said...

Thanks for stopping by and so glad you like my recipes. Hope you'll give them a try. Fabulous finds and they look awesome!

Bev said...

Well I stopped by just the right day. My Rhubarb is almost ready and I can never find enough rhubarb recipes...so I will check this one out. Nice to find more Canadian Bloggers!

Pat MacKenzie said...

I love yard sales and Lununburg is such a lovely place to be strolling around. Have you ever attended the annual 100 mile yard sale that goes through the Musquodoboit Valley and beyond? You'd be in thriftiness heaven!

TARYTERRE said...

Yard sales are the greatest. LOVE that bedspread and the chair is FABULOUS. And dessert being served. OMG. what is not to love. LUCKY YOU.

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...