Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Granpa Shuffelin' (Original)


  • Why are we "women-of-a-certain-age" only dancing with each other?  It sure would be nice to dance and chat with someone who has a deep voice, an Adam's apple and whiskers sprouting out of his face (and I mean males and not your usual post-menopausal female). 

  • Just where are these gentlemen of a Saturday night on the South Shore of Nova Scotia? Not at Petite Riviere or the Waldorf School or any of the local legion halls. 


These men know how to move!  I love the spontaneity; they just can't help themselves -- kinda like me when I hear music. 


Sigh!  
I'll just keep dancing with my girlie friends.
And I'll keep my eyes open for my Mr Bojangles.
  
(Perhaps if I wore plus-fours and mis-matched socks?  Wadda ya think?)



8 comments:

Terra said...

Keep your eyes open lady.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I hate to tell you this!, but he died- tripped on his shoe laces or something like that.

Who needs anyone else to dance with? if you have joy in your heart, and feet that knows a beat, you can get down with the best of them. I have music on all day and when a song comes on that I cannot resist, I do the Arleen shuffle. I have a great time by myself, but I am thankful there are no cameras to record me.

Of all people, you know it is about finding the fun moments in life and it does not always include a man.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I say any excuse to dance is a good one. Hope your Wednesday is a wonderful one!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Perhaps Miss Sandy, but I can't help myself from belivin' the IS a Mr. Perfect out there just waitin' for you to discover him.

Hang in there sister.

God bless and have a sunshiny kinda day!!!

...and get those dancin' shoes ready!!! :o)

Marsha said...

Wow. I'm so jealous. I want to learn how to shuffle.

TARYTERRE said...

Shuffling LOOKS like fun. But to dance you NEED a partner. Try taking lessons at your local dance studio. My hubby used to be a dance instructor and he said lots of ladies signed up just for the reasons you stated.

Diana said...

I tried this dance and looked like a fool. My big old husband tried it and my jaw dropped! He's got the moves! Love Di ♥

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

I think that first guy has to wear suspenders because he wiggled all the extra pounds off. What fun they look to be having.

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...