Sunday, September 4, 2011

September Beach

.
It was a beautiful afternoon to head to the beach with my international babies. Elly (in the middle) invited Eunjin (left) last spring when we went; they both loved it. It was Mariana's first look at the Atlantic Ocean; she dipped her toes, but then was afraid to even walk in the waves because it was just a tad cooler than the waters off the coast of Brazil where she lives! Yup!
.
I, on the other hand, loved the water. Sure it was a little cool (read cold) when you first went in; but once you were knocked over by a large wave or two, it felt much warmer. Actually, it was so glorious! Large, foamy waves for body surfing, and then a beach chair and a good book for drying off.
.
We got ice creams and walked the boardwalk and back around the beach. Man! It was just what I asked you for September!
.
Back home while the girls showered, I lit a candle outside and sat with a glass of sangria in my salty bathing suit encrusted happiness with sand in all my nooks 'n' crannies and my wind-blown winged hair. Dinner on the deck was delicious -- home-made barbequed burgers flavored with parsley, cumin and a pinch of basil & chili powder and fresh corn on the cob slathered with oodles of butter and salt. Ahhhh!

And September -- corn on the cob wasn't even available here in August.
.
So, who's a good month now?
.
Thanks September! Can we do this again real soon?
.
.















6 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm so wishing I could have been there to enjoy the beach with you. How wonderful! Today was wet damp and rainy here. Thanks for sharing those lovely pictures. I feel better just looking at them.

Pamela Gordon said...

That sounds like a wonderfully typical September coastal day in the Maritimes. Your 'girls' look beautiful and I hope they will love it there. Enjoy the day off on Monday. Pamela

Red said...

I can't do the Atlantic out here in Alberta but maybe I could have the burgers and corn . That by itself would be super. Thanks for the great description. Good luck to your "babies" for their stay in Canada.

Dawn said...

Sounds like a great day:)

Debra from Bungalow said...

The Atlantic beach in Sept with the girls sounds like fun. Glad you enjoyed it and the corn on the cob.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you will come back soon :)

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Looks like it was a good time.
Yay for corn on the cob.
I'm with you.
Stay forever September!

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...