Wednesday, February 2, 2011

White Wednesday - Feb 2.11


It truly is a white Wednesday in Bridgewater this morning. We had 10 cm (4") of snow last night and are due for another 20 today with the possibility of more tomorrow. Phew! I'll be getting my workouts whether the YMCA is closed or not!
.
.
So with all this white stuff on the ground, I've decided to join Kathleen at Faded Charm for her White Wednesday post.
.
Here's what I faced at 7 AM this morning. Not an overly daunting task. Just enough to bring out the roses in my cheeks.
.
After I finished shovelling, I took a walk around the garden and enjoyed the beauty of the freshly fallen snow.
.
All my solar lights are wearing little gnome hats! (Well, I confess that some of them have gone underground!).
And of course, Feb 2nd is Groundhog Day. It was reported that our own Shubenacadie Sam (shown here) as well as Punxsatawney Phil in the US have both reported that spring is near! Good news for those of us wielding shovels today.
.
Back inside, I showered, dressed and enjoyed a white breakfast -- toast and a soft boiled egg.
.
And there on the table in front of me were my latest thrift store finds -- a pretty white Pfaltzcraft bowl and vintage glass pepper and salt shakers (50 cents each)..
And now this little white girl has to head off to her white collar job. Enjoy your Wednesday!
.
.

10 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

We've had a lot of snow too and now it's freezing sleet and rain on top of it. Take good care going out there...Keep warm!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm dreaming of a white . . . Groundhog Day . . . just like the ones I used to know . . . .

NanaDiana said...

Happy Groundhog day~ We have lots of the white stuff on the ground too...and I am driving in it late tonight- UGH! Diana

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Lots of snow so stay warm. Love your cute finds. Those S&P's are pretty!!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

It's cold here too!!! I am so ready for spring! I hope the rodents know what they are talking about!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Our groundhogs would have to chisel through frozen tundra, ice, sleet and a heap of snow before it could even begin to peek at it's shadow.

I loved your sweet 'white' post girl...ya always crack me up!

God bless and have a super day! :o)

Olive said...

Thankfully no snow here but lots of rain instead. Love the salt and pepper shakers. ♥O

Chicken Wrangler said...

We stayed home today, trying to shovel out from the blizzard! The animals have trails to get to their feed and water, and we can get to them. Tomorrow we'll tackle the driveway and hope to get to our jobs!

juls4real said...

Our groundhog is wearing sunglasses and a hoody. No snow and I miss it. Love your plate and salt and pepper shakers....

Anonymous said...

Snow with ice for us this time! Your whites are wonderful!

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...