Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday Fill-ins

.

I came across this cute little idea for those Fridays when you're a little brain dead and can't spin more than 2 words of your own together . ("Most Friday's", you quip?)


I found the idea on today's post from A Southern Garden by Becca. Then when looking for a picture to go with the post, I found what I believe is the origin of this novel idea from Janet at Friday Fill-Ins .


Anyway, here I go: and feel free to follow suit.

......................


1. My favorite month is October because of the crisp, clean weather, the beautiful colors, Canadian Thanksgiving (turkey, pie, etc, etc) and my birthday.

2. After the clamminess & unseasonably warm weather last week, the cooler temps feel like a fresh breeze.

3. I love to sniff lavender.

4. Cheesecake is what I like to have as a treat for breakfast but this never happens because I'm a responsible adult who sets good examples for her children .... and the cheesecake rarely lasts through the night. So the thing I would probably treat myself to would be good old bacon. Still pretty darn yummy!

5. The hobby I enjoy most is gardening (and because you can't garden in the winter - reading).

6. 75 Days until Christmas eve, oh my!

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to relaxing in front of the TV; tomorrow my plans include a trip to Peggy's Cove with the students & a stop at Julian's Cafe for a treat and Sunday, I want to eat birthday cake & bake pumpkin pie for Monday!
............


.
That was kinda fun. So, I think I'll remember to check out Janet more often at Friday Fill-Ins . Happy weekend y'all!

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

# 4: two words -- bacon cheesecake. Oh yeah.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I hope your weekend is a Happy one! Enjoy the birthday cake and Pumpkin pie too!

KobysCache said...

Have a great weekend! We'll be celebrating Thanksgiving here in Ontario, Canada.
Gobble, gobble....

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

OOoooh, I want to be a student at your house! :o)

I've been MIA in Brownsville Tx. spending time with my Daddy who passed away Wed. night. I may never catch up with myself!

God bless you sweetie and have yourself a marvelous time with the 'students' this weekend!!! :o)

Pat MacKenzie said...

I want to use your Friday Fill-in - a great idea. Peggy's Cove is among my favorite places to visit whenever I go home to Nova Scotia. Happy birthday and happy thanksgiving day.

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...