Saturday, June 19, 2010

A TRIBUTE

I have a wonderful Dad. I don't see him often; but he's funny and kind and smart and helpful -- all the things a dad should be. And he's 79 and in pretty good health.
.
Not so my children's Daddy and my lovely Ex! He died 2 1/2 years ago at the age of 57! And he was a darling man and a wonderful father.
.
He was a somewhat reluctant daddy-wannabe at first; afraid that he wouldn't be any good at it, was what he told me. But he was a natural!
.
The best gift Larry ever gave his girls was his total acceptance of who they were and his undying love. He adored his girls -- and they know it!
.
.
Xmas morning 1993


Hiking through Kedji National Park.
.
Happy Father's Day Larry. You are missed!







4 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry he is gone; glad you have wonderful memories, at least!

Marie Rayner said...

That is far too young to die. He looks like he was a wonderful father. Family bonds are eternal, thank goodness for that. xxoo

Unknown said...

What a beautiful tribute. You can see the love for his little girls in the pictures.

Unknown said...

Your daughters are blessed to have had a terrific father! Yay for good dads! :)They make a big difference and bless our lives.

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...