Monday, April 26, 2010

Now I'm sure to get a man!!!

On Saturday, I finally got out and built the brush fence on the other side of the brook. Libby helped me drag and tote and build; and we finished in about an hour and a half (not including 2 water breaks, 1 pee break, and several short breaks due to minor lacerations and whips in the face. Dangerous work!)
*
Then on Sunday afternoon, I headed out again to pick up twigs and rake leaves. (I hope to get an outdoor fireplace this summer; so those twigs are valuable!) I just raked everything up to the property line. This will also give me a good idea of what the land over there looks like so I can better plan my garden when the time comes.
*
Here's the house side of the brook; I plan on building a bridge across to the other side behind where the swing is situated.
*
On the left of the imaginary bridge, the land runs along the brook between 6 to 8 ft wide.
*
But if we look to the right of the imaginary bridge, the widest part is probably 14 to 16 ft wide....*
Then it tapers for a while before it widens again down near the end of the driveway....
I think it's going to be a fun challenge to see what can be done with that part of my property.
*
*
I'm really pleased with my work this weekend. I can barely move, mind you, but I'm a happy invalid!
*
The picture above really shows how much property I have over there. And that's pretty impressive, huh!
*
I mean, I should be sure to get a man now, right? 'Cause men like women with huge tracts of land. (Or was that huge something else??)
*
Oh well! I've got those too!

23 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

WEll, if you have BOTH of those you are sure to get a man!
Just be sure that the man isn't the kind that comes around AFTER all the heavy work is done instead of the kind that helps with the heavy work.

It looks like it is going to be beautiful!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm glad you got so much done! It is a great feeling. Hope your Monday is a great one!

Suburban Princess said...

For some reason I thought you lived in a townhouse...but nooo lookit all your land!

Jeanne said...

Hi Sandy, your post is terrific. I do see a bridge crossing that ditch. Your are taking on a big project. Impressive for woman or man! Smile. I hope you find him before all the harder work starts. Good luck and follow your garden dream.

Hugs, Jeanne

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

You're right Princess; I live in a duplex.

My neighbor & I have postage-sized back yards, he owns the front yard (minus where my flower beds are) and I got a side yard full of trees, roots, rocks, leaves & buried rusty tin cans & broken bottles.

But when I began clearing & cleaning, the treasure was revealed. I feel very blessed!

Unknown said...

Looks like a win/win situation to me...No matter what he likes, you've got it!

I cracked up when you called me the starship Enterprise of blogging! Thank you for the compliment! lol

Anna said...

You have all that men want!!Lucky you!Your post is great.Bye.

Unknown said...

You're definitely gonna get a man now. With large land and..., it's a done deal.

Kathy C. said...

LOL...gee, can I come live there??? I want that land! :)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Goodness girl you worked hard and made it look awesome. Are you sure about the man? LOL....sometimes they are more trouble then they are worth...Enjoy your yard!

Marysol said...

Well, I'm exhausted just reading of your endeavor!
Why, if I weren't already married...

Beth said...

Boy you are good. The other day I watered my container plants on the patio and I am still bragging it!!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Baby, you've got it all!!! Heeehehe! The place is lookin' great! I'm sore and tried to the bone not because I've been workin' in the yard or movin' my mulch pile. Nope, I've had the grandkiddos here for several days. Whew!

Have a glorious day!!!

Maureen said...

Too funny! I agree with Linda though, are you sure?

Gotta love the feeling of a hard days work.

From the Old InkWell said...

LOL! What a great piece of property. Wish I had just a couple of your trees.

Sue said...

LOL...I wouldn't be able to do what you are doing without a man! Amazing...I find planting a few flowers just about as much of the outside stuff as I want to do. The area is wonderful...can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Sue

ethelmaepotter! said...

"Now I'm sure to get a man!!!"

I'll make the sacrifice: you can have mine.

See Mom Smile said...

Wow you are Wonder Woman! Awesome!

Marie Rayner said...

Impressive I'd say, but then again, I'm not a man! You need a man that wants to chip in and share the work though!! They're worth their weight in gold! xxoo

Anonymous said...

LOL..you are too cute! I am glad you are happy about working on the project as that makes it so much easier. :) As for me, I love a pretty yard but not crazy about the work to get it.

Unknown said...

Sandy your place is fantastic and you've done so much work on it.
I had to laugh because I had a new home built many years ago for my daughter and myself. I always joke about THEN I met a guy! Should have been BEFORE I built so we could do it together - or him have a nice new house already for me. LOL But nooooooooooooooooooo

Barb said...

Who needs a man - you've got it all already!

Pam @ Frippery said...

A busy girl indeed! Looking wonderful!

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...