Friday, March 5, 2010

The Sunshine Award


I received this award TWICE in the past week! I received it from the beautiful Suburban Princess at http://thelifeofasuburbanprincess.blogspot.com/ and from the lovely Anna at http://anna-makeyourselfathome.blogspot.com/
*
*

Thank you so much Anna and SurburbanPrincess.
I really appreciate you thinking of me!


*
*
It's a wonderful compliment to be dubbed a spreader of sunshine! (I have also been dubbed a spreader of something else! But seeing that this is a prime time and mostly child-friendly blog, my only comment on that is that "at least it's helping my garden grow!")
*
However, when I try to think of myself as a "sunshine spreader", I find myself getting a little self-conscious and red in the face. You see, I know who I am behind closed doors; I know that I grumble and complain and yell and cry!
*

But to be completely fair to me, although I do display a less than sunshiny attitude sometimes, I must say that I do fairly quickly pick myself up and dust myself off and find something or someone to put a smile back on my face! I refuse to be down for long! Been there, done that, burned the T-shirt!! Life is too short!


*

Thank you bloggy world for giving me a forum in which to work out this journey of aging that I'm on by being self-indulgement and silly. And thank you soooo much for rewarding me for doing it. I now pass that award back to each and every one of you because you so often are one of the "somethings" that puts the sunshine back in my spirit.

*
And thank you Daddy for passing on your your optimistic disposition, your ability to tell a good story and your ever-present sense of humor. (And thanks for not passing on your nose,your legs and your tendency to overexagerate [read lie].)
*
*
When I visualize my "spreading sunshine", what comes to mind is an early Sesame Street video called "Eleven Morning". It's one of my favorites (next to "Ladybug Picnic"); and I used to drive my girls nuts singing it! (Ahhhhhhh, and I still sing it sometimes.)
*
Check the video out at the website listed below (because I could't figure out how to imbed a video in my post!!) and see if this doesn't remind you of me --- extremely silly, an embarassment to most of those around me, somewhat irritating, and not always able to keep the crap out of my life. (And note the love of hats, fashion sense and the singing; now that's me!)

*

*
I also identify with this video now-a-days; because even though I'm older and and wider (Yup! I meant to say wider and not wiser)and slower and greyer and certainly not a 10 anymore, it's okay. I am coming to grips with my physical demise. And you know what? I believe that the acceptance of who we are and our situation in life AND being able to laugh in spite of all this is better than when I was a 10! And this makes me an 11!
*

Eleven's the number for me!

9 comments:

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh sweetie, no matter how gray the day is here in the Ozarks I can count on finding rays of sunshine right here. You always put a big old smile on this mug of mine. Congratulations again on this well deserved award. May I just let out a big old....WOOHOO!!!!

God bless and have a fantastic weekend!

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

YES! LOVE it!! Just based on this post alone, I vote you a TWELVE, Baby! Thanks for all the sunshine!! (Congrats on your awards!!)

A human kind of human said...

You deserve all the happy rewards you get for bringing fun, joy and happiness into the lives of your followers.

Anna said...

You deserve this award,I love your blog.You are a positive person,I love reading your posts.Bye

Unknown said...

Congrats on the awards! Keep spreading the sunshine and whatever else! lol

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thanks for all the sunshine! I need all I can get!

Maureen said...

Keep shining girl, keep shining! It's infectious and it feels good!

wendy said...

Oh you DO have such a good attitude about life.
You ARE optomistic and that is good.
You are sunshine---------and yes, even sunshin needs to set once in awhile, we have to allow ourselves our "down" time, but it always RISES again and tht is the main thing.
and I TOO like the #11

Teresa said...

Congrats on your award! Your Eleven song made me smile! Thanks for visiting my site too...I will be back for some more sunshine, for sure.
T

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...