Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Cookies - Part 1

On Christmas Eve, I did the rest of my Xmas baking. My "baker-girl" daughter Molly (the name she gave herself when she was about 8) was home and anxious to create.
*
First thing I started were the lovely, fragrant, feather-light, delicious breakfast rolls. I used to bake breads a lot (back in my SAHM days); and I love the kneading process -- I love feeling the bread become elastic and pliable. (And just as when I was a wee little girl, I love having a small nibble of the dough!!) *
We made the rolls a little larger this year; but we still got about 3 dozen crescents, fan-tans and cloverleafs.*
We also made sugar cookies; and we got to use my new snowflake cutters.*
Then we moved on to Molly's favorite, Rugelach. Rugelach is a delicate cinnamon scented cream cheese dough with various fillings inside. We made our 2 favorite fillings: apricot jam & crushed pecans and raspberry jam w/ mini chocolate chips and almonds.
*
The dough is then formed into little crescents.
*
Mama has to do quality control .............yep! They're delicious! (Attractive picture, huh! I'm thinking of submitting it to E-Harmony!)
*
*
Stay tuned because later I'm going to introduce you to our gingerbread cookies.
*
THAT was lots of fun -- lots of rolling out; and lots of cutting out; and lots of creative decorating.
*
(And LOTS of being super delicious!)

3 comments:

A human kind of human said...

I think I must visit you next Christmas so that you can teach me how to shop, prepare and bake for, and really enjoy Christmas. I must warn you though, I might just be more of a hindrance than a help in the kitchen for although I cannot bake, I am an expert at "quality control". (lol)

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I'm enjoyin' the bakin' fool inside of you. It all looks very yummy! Ahummm, pass some butter please.

Enjoy your day!!!

Unknown said...

I love homemade yeast rolls! And those crescents look yummy as well.

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...