Thursday, November 5, 2009

XMAS THRIFTY FINDS

And so I was browsing "The Daisy" thrift store the other day looking for a black skirt; when all of a sudden I hear:
***
"Hey hey hey! Ho ho ho!
***
You there!
***
Yes you! The good little girl from Newfoundland! (And aren't you a cutie too!)
***
You look like a gal who might need a couple of good old fellas around the house. Two fat jolly boy-toys with roguish grins and twinkly eyes (and high black boots and a belt!). A couple of guys who will lavish you with gifts this Christmas. (Did we mention yet that it would be at your expense?).
***
And don't worry -- we promise to only smoke our pipes outside (and that what we smoke will be legal). And really -- our red cheeks and nose are not from excessive drinking -- you have our word on that!
***
You see, we need a good home where we'll be lovingly washed and put in a place of honor and fondly admired during the upcoming season before being carefully wrapped up and gently packed away for 11 months. And you look like the kind of girl who could really care for a guy!
***
What do you say? Our arms are open just waiting for you to take us home!"
***




******

Well, how could I say no! I mean, at my age, a girl's got to take a man (or two) where she can find them. And at this price (50 cents), these good-time Charlies were a real bargain!

***

PS -- I just have to ignore the holes in the back of their heads and the plugs up their butts! But then, we all make concessions for the men we love, right?

19 comments:

wendy said...

That was funny, any guy who you can plug up the hole in their head and their butt-------that's a winnah eh.
those napkins you got are awesome. How fun that she sent those to you.

Marie Rayner said...

haha, you really crack me up Sandy! Love the finds. You do find the loveliest things!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

They are cute ones for sure. Can't help but smile when you see them.

ethelmaepotter! said...

I know a few guys with holes in their heads who could sure use some plugs up their butts.
These are darling! And, of course, you had to rescue them from the shelf of the thrift store. I'm sure that they have now found a very happy home. (They sure knew what they were doing when they called out to you!)

Chris said...

ROFL!!

They are a handsome pair and so lucky to have you!

Coloradolady said...

Thanks for stopping by...I wanted to say, the lotion has a really nice scent, the Vaseline and vitamin E cream does not, so I don't know about adding another scent on top of that. Just try it out. I like the scent of the Shea and cocoa it is a real clean scent...if you do try it, let me know how it turns out...I don't think you will find you need the olive oil....but who's to say I am right! So glad you stopped by today!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh Sandy, the little Elvis Santas just want to say "haaahummmm..we're all shook up!" They will make a great addition to your Christmas table. They'll season the meal up in style.

Have a fantastic weekend!!!

Unknown said...

ROFLing!
You had me going!
I thought two vagrants were trying to pick you up at the thrift store.
hee hee

Sara said...

You always find the coolest things!

By the way, what the heck does ROFL mean?

Have a great weekend Sandy!

Suburban Princess said...

Hey there! I sent you an email with the instructions you need!
Let me know how it goes!

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

I had to look it up too, but I guess ROFL means "Rolling on the floor laughting"!

Thanks guys for your comments. I crack myself up sometimes and I was laughing while I was writing this one.

Nathalie -- Thinking I was talking about vagrants -- that was a good one!

And no girls -- I wouldn't have brought the vagrants home with me!!

Jane B. said...

What cute vintage Santa's...and funny post too! thanks for linkin' up to Frugalicious Friday!

Jane @ Finding Fabulous

Lighthouse Prayer Line said...

Hi Doris,

Thanks for sharing that with us! We love your
site!! Amen & amen! :)

Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
mind praying for the prayer requests that are
on our main page?

May the Lord bless you and your family!!

Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed" (Romans 8:18-19 - NIV).


•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•

Anita said...

You are so witty and so funny! I sure have missed reading your blog! What great finds you have there and so adorable too!

CB said...

I think those are darling. I love stuff like that holes and all!!!!

lisa said...

every home should have a set. Another Thrift Shop Score. OMG I love it!!!!

Anna said...

I love them!Bye.

Stephen Leach said...

LOL!!!!!!!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I just came over here from some other blog (can't remember where) totally glad I did! You are slighty hilarious!
Love your posts, I shouldn't have been drinking pop in front of my laptop when I got to the plug in the butt part. Gotta go clean the screen.

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...