Wednesday, August 5, 2009

MUSINGS ABOUT MOI.....

I AM ... funny (and I can't help it a lot of the time -- images pop in my mind, things just blurt out of my mouth, I laugh, others laugh; and I love the audience). I am friendly and sensitive (which can be good and bad).


I THINK ...positively almost all of the time! And the times I don't, I'm usually able to catch myself and turn it around. I have this ability partly because I was born with it but mostly through practice, practice, practice!


I LOVE ... life, my family, my God and chocolate.

I KNOW ... that God loves me. I also know I'm far from perfect.

I WANT ... to think less about doing and spend more time being.

I HAVE ... a good job, wonderful parents, fantastic children, a few really great friends, a house I love and good health.

I WISH ... my children were settled with good jobs; and that I was mortgage free with a travel trailer and a good friend to drive with.

I HATE ... being lied to, negative people, and not getting enough sleep.

I FEAR ... my girls making really bad choices in relationships and being used and/or abused.

I MISS ... their dad's sharing the burden of parenting and his good advice. I also miss spa night when the girls were little -- baths, pedicures, and a picnic on a blanket in front of the TV movie with nachos, veggies 'n' dip, ice cream and juice spritzers served in large cocktail glasses with umbrellas and fruit.
I FEEL ... content and happy to have all that I have, to know that I've come through many trials and storms in my life, but in the words of Louisa May Alcott, " I'm not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship".


4 comments:

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Laughter is good medicine. I find myself laughing out-loud at myself, probably all too frequently. A little touched maybe? Storms will come and storms will go, and me?I say dance in the rain baby, just dance! Have yourself a cheery evening.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Wonderful advice Nezzy. I will!

PeacefulWmn9 said...

Sandy, I think we may be related! At least I can certainly identify with each of these things that go to make you who you are :)

Karen

A human kind of human said...

Sorry, I do not agree with the quote at the end of your post! It should read: "...I have learned to sail my ship...".

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...