Thursday, May 7, 2009

Excuse Me! Wendy Whiner is speaking!!!

I still ache from overworking my body; and I go to the gymn to "help" myself feel better and I ache some more (just maybe in a slightly different part of my body that wasn't aching before I went to the gym)! A week and a half of aching is wearing me out.

I woke up yesterday with a crick in my neck (yes, that's a word here in the Maritimes), and last night I rested and used my trusty hot water bottle, but it still hurts.

No one can find the problem with my car despite my having handed over part of my savings and my 1st born child! (Well --- that last part is a lie.)

It's been raining for 4 days straight now and it drizzled 2 days before that.

I ate at MacDonald's yesterday (I said it was to support local charities but we all know that I just wanted that burger!) Then while I was checking my emails last night, I ate 6 small delicious chocolate biscuits and a row of a yummy hazelnut chocolate bar. So ask me if I think I'll lose any weight this week! Then ask me if I care.
No, I don't care!!!
(Well, I do care, but that's me having a tantrum.)

.....................................................


Sometimes, I hate being a mature responsible grown-up. Sometimes, I want to handle my problems by yelling and stomping my foot and crying and acting out. Then, someone would discipline me by sending me to my room for a time out (which I'd LOVE at any time); or perhaps they would spank me (well, I actually wouldn't mind that at other times too)!! And after I got over my crying, everything would be fine again.


So, because of my childish, churlish state of mind, my post today is made up of the above belly-aching and the following great little cartoon that I stole from http://www.purple4mee.com/. It seems a logical excuse for at least part of the way I feel. (And it makes me feel a little better to steal something and know I'll get away with it. Thank you purple4mee!)

Thanks for letting me gripe today guys! I'll do the same for you some day ..... just not this week, okay!



6 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love the cartoon. The weight in my head must have been really bad.

Anita said...

Man if that is true...I must be a genuius!! My dad always said he was going bald because he was storing up so much information that his brain was getting bigger and pushing the roots of his hair out...hmm there could be something to that. Hope your weekend will be great!

From the Old InkWell said...

Aches! I know what you mean, girl! I go to bed every night with a heating pad on my shoulders.

LOL at your post!

I noticed you came by my blog and I'm just delighted since it sent me your way. Love your blog! Come back soon!

Connie said...

I can't wait to be aching again from overwork in the garden again. :-) This illness has really put things in perspective for me and I am thankful to be able to do the smallest tasks. I potted up a container of pansies yesterday, and it was a joy!

musingwoman said...

The rain is about to do me in, too. Enough already!

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Thank you all for your comments. I had a wonderful massage last night that worked most of the kinks out. Just in time, Connie, to go back into the garden tomorrow. Ohhhh -- I'm a sucker for punishment.

Happy weekend and a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY on Sunday!

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...